Phipps and Pritchard Letting
Prospective tenants should note the following points
- Properties are normally available on initial six months Assured Shorthold Tenancies although some may be available for an initial twelve months. Many tenancies continue on a month to month basis after the fixed term.
- Phipps and Pritchard act as Agents for the Landlords, some of whom will not accept tenants initially on housing benefit. Please enquire.
- Couples will normally be required to complete a joint tenancy agreement with all parties fully responsible for the whole of the rent and other commitments.
- Upon reserving a property each tenant will be required to pay a documentation 'fee' as indicated in the application form, a copy of which can be downloaded. This documentation fee is non refundable unless Phipps and Pritchard, on behalf of the owners, later withdraw the offer for any reason except unsatisfactory references.
- References will be required and credit checks will be carried out, the cost of which will be met out of the documentation fee. Tenants will need to pay a deposit which is returnable after the termination of the agreement subject to its terms and which is normally held in a trust account with interest being added to this deposit.
- Pets are prohibited in flats and more often than not in houses.
- Tenants should be aware that the Landlords insurance on any property does not cover contents nor possessions belonging to the tenants who should consider making their own arrangements. Phipps and Pritchard can discuss this with any prospective tenant.
- Credit referencing and agreement preparation usually takes a minimum of ten days.